Monday, February 23, 2009

A Big Move

Well, as most of you probably know by now, Darrell was just called to be the 2nd counselor in our ward bishopric. Most of you have talked with him about that by now and know he is both nervous and excited. I know that he will be great and I know he is excited to finally be in a calling where he is truly needed and used. Sundays have entailed a few changes but not as many as you may think. With Darrell as executive secretary prior to this, I was already used to having him gone most of Sunday. Honestly, when we got married, I kind of assumed that I would spend most of my Sundays alone, knowing that the Lord would utilize him in many capacities. So, for me it isn't too big of a deal since I only have 2 children. Plus, I have awesome built in help in the form of Brad and Madison. This past Sunday was the 1st sunday Darrell sat on the stand and Brad & Madison were such a great help to me, as they always are. They even let Gabe walk home with them to their house and then they dropped him off on their way to dinner at Madison grandparents. They have done this the last few weeks and I am afraid they have opened Pandoras box on that one. Gabe loves them and he is lucky to get to form such a great strong relationship with his aunt and uncle during these formative years.

To get to the point, since Darrell receieved the call to serve we will be sticking around the area for a while. Darrell & I were making plans to finally buy a house sometime this summer, but those plans have obviously changed. Since we are kind of in tight quarters we having officially decided to move. This move is BIG...... we are moving 2 blocks North of where we are now, into a 3 bed, 2 bath apartment. A single guy in our ward recently purchased a larger home up the hill and is now renting out his old place. It is a little uninviting on the outside (we will have to work on that) but the whole interior is being completely remodeled, every last room and it looks great. The layout is a lot better which we hope will allow us to have some of you over for dinner in the future. No yard, what can you expect up here, but it does have a pretty large deck that we will spice up a bit with a lot of plants. He is working on the remodel and plans to have it done in two weeks. But, as we all know, remodels don't always work out as planned. We are planning on somewhere around the middle of March or 1st of April and are excited to have a little more space. We will keep you posted on the details as they come.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the "uninviting part" it will take you all but a month to make it look like a BHG cover shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darrell and Marissa! I didn't know you guys were fellow bloggers until my mom just told me last night! Feel free to check out our family blog: ryanandgenevievedavis.blogspot.com
    Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete